“Healthy living” to most people means both physical and mental health are in balance or functioning well together in a person.
Healths are closely linked, so that a change (good or bad) in one directly affects the other. Good health isn’t just about healthy eating and exercise — it’s also about having a positive mental health, a positive self-image, and a healthy lifestyle.
Drink a Glass of Water in the Morning
Water helps to clear our system, bring on metabolism rate and flush out the toxins. Some people even say that it helps to reduce weight! Wake up in the morning and drink one glass water first. You can also put a slice of lemon in the water for freshes your morning.
Eat a variety of foods
Good nutrition is one of the keys to a healthy life. You can improve your health by keeping a balanced diet. You should eat foods that contain vitamins and minerals. This includes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, dairy, and a source of protein. Eat the recommended portions of fruit and vegetables every day.
Lack of sleep makes you feel tired and angry; you can’t concentrate your attention. Lack of sleep can damage your physical health (especially heart) as well, it’s important to get enough sleep. Sleep helps keep your mind and body healthy.
- Newborns (0-3 months): Sleep range narrowed to 14-17 hours each day.
- Infants (4-11 months): Sleep range widened two hours to 12-15 hours.
- Toddlers (1-2 years): Sleep range widened by one hour to 11-14 hours.
- Preschoolers (3-5): Sleep range widened by one hour to 10-13 hours.
- School age children (6-13): Sleep range widened by one hour to 9-11 hours.
- Teenagers (14-17): Sleep range widened by one hour to 8-10 hours.
- Younger adults (18-25): Sleep range is 7-9 hours.
- Adults (26-64): Sleep range did not change and remains 7-9 hours
- Older adults (65+): Sleep range is 7-8 hours
Morning Walk Daily
An early morning walk is one of the best exercises for a healthy life. It gives us a sense of happiness, calms our agitated nerves, and relaxes the mind, body and soul.
A 30-minute walk in the morning can change your life! Especially if you suffer from a host of lifestyle-related diseases such as diabetes, obesity, heart disease, etc. A morning walk is easy on your joints and heart, and the fresh morning air can help calm your nerves, improve your mood, and keep you energetic and positive for the rest of the day.
Find New Activities!
Doing regular physical activity can make you feel good about yourself and it can have a number of benefits for your health. Pick up a new activity involving the whole family and friends such as hiking, group sports, skiing or riding a bicycle. Finding a hobby can give you the enjoyment and reduce stress, control weight and many health benefits.
Meditation is a mind-body practice in CAM or complementary and alternative medicine. We all have heard that “meditation is good for you”. With meditation, the physiology undergoes a change and every cell in the body is filled with more prana (energy). These results in joy, peace, enthusiasm as the level of prana in the body increases. It has been beneficial in maintaining good health and also reducing the risk of many health ailments. There are many health Benefits of meditation.
- Meditation reduces stress and anxiety
- Helps reduce symptoms of panic disorder
- Increased Immunity
- Meditation sharpens the mind by gaining focus and expands through relaxation
- Better health
- More mental strength and energy
- Helps reduce alcohol and substance abuse
- Boosts Memory
- Treats Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Slow Aging
- Improve Sleep
- Improve heart and lung function
- Meditation improves self-confidence and mood
- Meditation reduces risk of heart diseases and stroke
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Help manage and prevent anxiety
- Helps manage cholesterol