It is the biggest solid organ in the entire body. Normally, the liver secretes bile. It is supplied by oxygen through the hepatic artery while portal vein provides nutrients.
If the body is working correctly, the veins will transport the blood to the heart while the portal vein will bring chemicals into the liver that need to be filtered. The liver filters these chemicals out before returning the blood to the body. When an infection or substance causes harm to the tissue, the liver may become damaged and stop detoxifying the body correctly.
The liver is the largest internal organ in the body. Its main functions are to:
- Metabolize most of the nutrients that are absorbed by the intestine
- Store nutrients
- Produce proteins
- Detoxify blood by removing medications, alcohol, and potentially harmful chemicals from the bloodstream and treating them chemically so they can be excreted by digestive or urinary systems
- The liver helps the body digest food, absorb nutrients, and eliminate toxic substances. Without this abdominal organ you wouldn’t able to live.
Different types of liver disorders include hepatitis and cirrhosis.
Hepatitis: It’s commonly caused by a viral infection; the liver’s functions include detoxifying the blood, storing vitamins, and producing hormones. Hepatitis can disrupt these processes and create severe health problems throughout the body.
At least five viruses can cause hepatitis. The three most common are hepatitis viruses A, B and C. Infection with any of these three can be fatal.
Natural Home Remedies for Hepatitis
- Garlic is a super food and one of the most effective natural remedies for liver disease. It can help flush out toxins built up in your system. Use garlic in your cooking or chew 1-2 cloves of garlic daily on an empty stomach.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of licorice powder with 2 teaspoons of honey. Consume twice daily.
- Eat green vegetables like spinach, kale, arugula, collard greens and romaine lettuce.
- Green tea and green tea extract, many natural-health websites extol the compounds in green tea as a treatment for various conditions, including hepatitis C.
- Black Seed Oil for Hepatitis B: The consumption of this oil aids digestion and metabolism rate. The oil spreads warmth in the blood to help improve liver functioning and strength.
- Vitamin C is very helpful as this will aid in preventing the liver cells damage which may occur from the inflammatory conditions of the liver. So include fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamin C. Also you can have juices that are extracted from citrus fruits like oranges, lemons and others and consume them on an empty stomach which helps to deal with fatty liver.
- Milk Thistle: Milk thistle is one effective herb which has been used from ages to protect the liver by reducing the ALT and also from harmful effects of the toxins that arrives at the liver and causes damage to it. These milk thistle seeds are well known for its therapeutic properties and thus heal the damaged liver cells.
Cirrhosis: Cirrhosis is the severe scarring of the liver and poor liver function seen at the terminal stages of chronic liver disease. The scarring is most often caused by long-term exposure to toxins such as alcohol or viral infections. The liver is located in the upper right side of the abdomen below the ribs. It has many essential body functions.
Natural Home Remedies for Liver Cirrhosis
- Add a teaspoon of powdered cumin seed in a glass of buttermilk. Drink to good health.
- Squeeze half a lemon into a glass of water. Stir in a teaspoon of salt. Consume thrice daily.
- Juice one carrot and a handful of spinach. Have this detox drink twice daily.
- Beat It With Papaya Seeds: Take papaya seeds and crush them properly to extract the juice. Now, take one tablespoon of this papaya seed juice and mix it with two tablespoons of lemon juice, Have the mixed juice twice a day for your liver.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider Vinegar is good as it helps to improve the fat metabolism. It also works as a good detoxifying agent for the liver. Take a glass of water and add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey. Have this mixture, 3 times a day for a healthier liver.
- Treat It With Buttermilk, Yogurt And Cumin: Take two cups of water and add to it two full spoons of yogurt and 2 tablespoons of cumin seeds powder. Add salt to taste. Basically the idea is to make buttermilk and have it twice a day. It is helpful to maintain healthy levels of bacteria in the body to ease stomach pains and aid digestion.
- Buttermilk if taken with a pinch of rock-salt and powdered roasted cumin seeds is said to be very beneficial cirrhosis of liver remedy.